The W&L 203

W&L 203 Engine Still Running

This 203 Engine was purchased new for the Washington & Lincolnton Railroad in 1925. After the Railroad shut down in 1932, the Engine was sold and used in several locations in the southeast before being stored for 44 years in South Carolina.

The Engine was purchased and restored by the Gulf & Ohio Railroad Company, and now runs tours from downtown Knoxville. For more info on "Lindy", visit


Taken April 17, 2004, by Tradition in Knoxville: